Some consider the holiday season between November and January to be one of the hardest times of the year to list your home. With all of the traditions, holiday guests, and busy schedules associated with the season, it’s easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle. However, listing your home during the holidays can also have some major advantages like more motivated buyers and less competition. Here are three easy ways to make listing your home during the holidays a breeze.
1. Be flexible. When it comes to showing your home, it’s important to be as flexible as possible with your schedule. Provide a list of good days (and times) for showings making it easy for potential buyers to view your home. Even though it may be inconvenient to show a home when you’ve got a house full of holiday guests, it’s important to cater to buyers or they may look elsewhere.
2. Keep it clean. This is really a year round selling tip but one that’s especially important during the holidays! Don’t let your house get overrun with extra suitcases, presents and all of the other things guests might bring. Keep things clean and organized so potential buyers won’t be distracted.
3. Stay neutral. It’s OK to decorate your home for the holidays but keep the decor neutral. Having too many decorations can hide beautiful features of your home and cause rooms to look cluttered. Stay away from giant inflatables and stick to simple touches that add a little holiday sparkle without compromising your chances to close on a sale.
The Proof Is In The Numbers! When it comes to selling your property, you want to work with a real estate professional backed by a team that knows the local market, inside and out. Trust is an important aspect of any real estate transaction. You need to feel confident that your agent is committed to selling your property quickly and for the best price possible. Below are some numbers that reflect the trust our clients, such as yourself, have placed in our office and represent the reputation built by that trust.
These are just some of the numbers that represent the dedication and expertise we have in the local real estate field. Read more about what our clients are saying here.
Charlotte, NC continues to be one of the fastest growing cities in the country! In fact, a recent analysis by CBJ parent company American City Business Journals concluded that the Queen City has gained about 32 jobs each day since 2006! People are flocking to the Charlotte metro are for great jobs, the warm climate and a booming housing market (this is where we can help!) Not sure if you’re ready to sell your home? Here are a few reasons why it might be time to put the ‘For Sale’ sign in your front yard.
Equity is on your side. Simply put, equity is the value built up in your home that’s determined by the current market value less your remaining mortgage payments. Our team at Premier Property Solutions can prepare a FREE market analysis of your home so you know exactly where you stand. Assuming that your goal is to sell your home and purchase another, you’ll ideally want to aim for about 20% recovery on the value of your home that you can use toward your next purchase. Of course, this isn’t always the case so the best way to determine your equity is to have an experienced real estate agent prepare a market analysis on your home.
Your family is growing. Starter homes are great but when your family starts to double in size, it might be time move! Looking for a backyard for the kids? Need an extra bedroom for in-laws? A better school district, perhaps? Maybe the kids are gone and it’s time to downsize. Whatever the reason, if your list of needs goes on and on, it might be time to consider a move.
You have a little cash saved up. Of course one of the main goals of selling your home is to make money, but you’ll want to have a little cash on hand to make small changes that can go a long way. Your Premier Property Solutions agent will work with you and your budget to stage your home the best way possible. You don’t have to renovate your entire kitchen but little things like updated fixtures, fresh paint and great curb appeal go a long way! Work with a professional you can trust to do what’s best for you and your budget.
You can emotionally detach from your home. This is a big one! Homes are often filled with great memories, personal touches and emotional bonds. Sellers who are emotionally attached are more likely to resist making changes that will bring their homes to market-ready condition. If you are able to take down your great grandmother’s painting and repaint your daughter’s hot pink bedroom walls at the suggestion of your agent, then you are ready to sell your home! Remember, these changes are only temporary and you’ll be ready to move into your home in no time. Sometimes it’s necessary to remove personal touches from a home to appeal to a wide variety of potential buyers.
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, contact us today to set up your FREE market analysis. There has never been a better time to sell in the Queen City!
Selling your home can be a daunting and emotionally-challenging experience. From managing open houses to accepting an offer and everything in between, you’ll want a team of qualified, professional real estate agents on your side every step of the way! Hiring a professional realtor you can trust is an essential part of the process. Here are 3 ways our team at Premier Property Solutions can help you sell your home!
1. We’ll help you make informed decisions. Throughout the selling process, you’ll want a trusted resource with strong negotiation skills and expertise about local neighborhood features. An imperative part of a successful home sale begins with listing your home with a real estate agent you can trust to be responsible for all aspects of selling your home from start to finish.
2. We use innovative marketing strategies. Good online and offline marketing strategies are critical to the success of selling your home. You’ll want a clear and competitive plan that helps your home stand out from the crowd. Our innovative marketing strategies will help position your home to attract interest from potential area buyers.
3. We provide support! Deciding to list your home is one of the biggest decisions most of us will ever make. At Premier Property Solutions, it is our goal to be helpful, positive partners throughout the process. We provide support from the closing and beyond- we’re here to help you every step of the way!