DIY projects are a great way to improve the value of your home while saving some money. Though there are a lot of projects you can take on yourself like painting, landscaping, decluttering etc., there are some projects best left to the professionals. Whether you are flipping a new house or renovating your current home, here are three projects you should leave for professional contractors.
1. Structural Renovations. If your project requires knocking down walls, this is a good indicator that it’s best to get a professional opinion. Remember, you can’t just knock down a wall without checking on the structural integrity of the house which is where a licensed professional can help.
2. Roofing. A new roof is a major upgrade and one that can dramatically improve the value of your home if you plan to place it on the market. Professionals can install a new roof quickly and efficiently without worrying about costly mistakes.
3. Electrical Repairs. Whether you are installing a new chandelier or rewiring an old electrical system to bring it up to code, electrical repairs are best left to professionals. These complicated upgrades often require the experience and education of a licensed professional. DIY electrical repairs can also be dangerous. Eliminate the risk and get the job done fast with the help of a licensed professional.
Let’s face it, the suburbs aren’t for everyone! Some people love to live work and play in the city. Luckily, Charlotte offers a variety of housing options in the heart of the action! Charlotte’s uptown area is primarily divided into four wards with the centermost point of the city located at the intersection of Trade and Tryon streets. Although Uptown is the city’s primary business district, it’s also home to a great nightlife scene, major sports teams and national events so there is always something going on. If you are ready for city living, here are some great options in the Queen City.
First Ward. Just blocks from center city, the First Ward is located in the historic district of Uptown filled with tree-lined neighborhoods, modern townhouses, mid-rise apartments and high-rise condominiums.
Second Ward. A neighborhood known for its popular visitor attractions, the Second Ward still offers a variety of low-maintenance, classic apartments and condominiums that are perfect for city living!
Third Ward. Home to beautiful parks and greenways that surround new condos, apartment buildings and charming bungalows, the Third Ward has great skyline views and with convenient access to all that the city has to offer.
Fourth Ward. A historic neighborhood that dates back to the 1800s, the Fourth Ward area is known for its historic charm. Residents value the neighborhood feel of the area along with its great proximity to some of the best dining and recreational offerings in the city.
City living goes beyond the four wards of Charlotte to also include the booming areas of the Southend, Plaza Midwood, Wilmore, Wesley Heights, NoDa and Elizabeth. Let our team of experience agents find you a home in the heart of the city.
We said it before and we’ll say it again….now is the time to sell in Charlotte! With the hot spring/summer market underway, there has never been a better time to sell in the Queen City. Aside from calling your trusted team of agents at Premier Property Solutions, there are a few things you can do to prepare your house for the market that will help speed up the process.
1. Declutter. This is a great time to do an inventory on all of your stuff! Rid your house of any unwanted items and maybe you’ll even make a few bucks on Craigslist. The goal is to remove all of the clutter from your house because, when it comes to showing your home, sometimes less is more. Don’t forget to organize closets, drawers and cabinets as potential buyers will often check out storage space.
2. Deep Clean. This is often a time-consuming process but it doesn’t necessarily have to break the bank! Get the entire family involved if possible and start cleaning room by room. Clean your base boards, scrub your cabinets and make your windows sparkle. It’s important to utilize as much natural light as possible so pay special attention to the cleanliness of important rooms like your kitchen and bathrooms.
3. Spruce up your yard. Curb appeal is so important especially during this time of year. Spend some money on new mulch, landscaping and a few flowers. Maybe you need to add a fresh coat of paint to your door or repair a broken front porch step. You’ll want buyers to be charmed by the outside of your house which will be the first impression they get so make it good.
Our team can help you stage your house to showcase it’s maximum potential. Give us a call today!
Charlotte ranks as one of the nation’s largest cities for population growth so it’s no surprise that its suburbs have sprawled across the North Carolina state line into South Carolina. Roughly 20 miles south of Charlotte, NC, you’ll find popular cities like Tega Cay and Fort Mill which are both considered to be a booming part of the Charlotte Metro Area. Interested in making a move across the state line? Here are some great options that provide all of the amenities of suburban life with convenient access to the heart of the city.
Fort Mill: Home to great golf courses, highly-desirable schools and corporate headquarters, Fort Mill, SC is one of the fastest growing communities in the state!
Tega Cay: Located on the Lake Wylie peninsula, Tega Cay has 13 miles of shoreline and plenty of recreational activities like golfing, swimming, hiking and tennis.
Lake Wylie: The perfect setting that encompasses all of the charm of lakeside living while providing easy access to major highways making it great for work and play!
Indian Land: A charming rural community with plenty of fresh air and farmland all well providing easy access to the city so you can experience the best of both worlds!
Rock Hill: The largest city in York County, Rock Hill is a highly-desirable area rich in culture and history.
Our agents are licensed in both North and South Carolina and ready to help you buy and sell anywhere in the Charlotte Metro Area.
Let us help you find your dream home in South Carolina!