Let’s face it, the suburbs aren’t for everyone! Some people love to live work and play in the city. Luckily, Charlotte offers a variety of housing options in the heart of the action! Charlotte’s uptown area is primarily divided into four wards with the centermost point of the city located at the intersection of Trade and Tryon streets. Although Uptown is the city’s primary business district, it’s also home to a great nightlife scene, major sports teams and national events so there is always something going on. If you are ready for city living, here are some great options in the Queen City.
First Ward. Just blocks from center city, the First Ward is located in the historic district of Uptown filled with tree-lined neighborhoods, modern townhouses, mid-rise apartments and high-rise condominiums.
Second Ward. A neighborhood known for its popular visitor attractions, the Second Ward still offers a variety of low-maintenance, classic apartments and condominiums that are perfect for city living!
Third Ward. Home to beautiful parks and greenways that surround new condos, apartment buildings and charming bungalows, the Third Ward has great skyline views and with convenient access to all that the city has to offer.
Fourth Ward. A historic neighborhood that dates back to the 1800s, the Fourth Ward area is known for its historic charm. Residents value the neighborhood feel of the area along with its great proximity to some of the best dining and recreational offerings in the city.
City living goes beyond the four wards of Charlotte to also include the booming areas of the Southend, Plaza Midwood, Wilmore, Wesley Heights, NoDa and Elizabeth. Let our team of experience agents find you a home in the heart of the city.
We said it before and we’ll say it again….now is the time to sell in Charlotte! With the hot spring/summer market underway, there has never been a better time to sell in the Queen City. Aside from calling your trusted team of agents at Premier Property Solutions, there are a few things you can do to prepare your house for the market that will help speed up the process.
1. Declutter. This is a great time to do an inventory on all of your stuff! Rid your house of any unwanted items and maybe you’ll even make a few bucks on Craigslist. The goal is to remove all of the clutter from your house because, when it comes to showing your home, sometimes less is more. Don’t forget to organize closets, drawers and cabinets as potential buyers will often check out storage space.
2. Deep Clean. This is often a time-consuming process but it doesn’t necessarily have to break the bank! Get the entire family involved if possible and start cleaning room by room. Clean your base boards, scrub your cabinets and make your windows sparkle. It’s important to utilize as much natural light as possible so pay special attention to the cleanliness of important rooms like your kitchen and bathrooms.
3. Spruce up your yard. Curb appeal is so important especially during this time of year. Spend some money on new mulch, landscaping and a few flowers. Maybe you need to add a fresh coat of paint to your door or repair a broken front porch step. You’ll want buyers to be charmed by the outside of your house which will be the first impression they get so make it good.
Our team can help you stage your house to showcase it’s maximum potential. Give us a call today!
Charlotte ranks as one of the nation’s largest cities for population growth so it’s no surprise that its suburbs have sprawled across the North Carolina state line into South Carolina. Roughly 20 miles south of Charlotte, NC, you’ll find popular cities like Tega Cay and Fort Mill which are both considered to be a booming part of the Charlotte Metro Area. Interested in making a move across the state line? Here are some great options that provide all of the amenities of suburban life with convenient access to the heart of the city.
Fort Mill: Home to great golf courses, highly-desirable schools and corporate headquarters, Fort Mill, SC is one of the fastest growing communities in the state!
Tega Cay: Located on the Lake Wylie peninsula, Tega Cay has 13 miles of shoreline and plenty of recreational activities like golfing, swimming, hiking and tennis.
Lake Wylie: The perfect setting that encompasses all of the charm of lakeside living while providing easy access to major highways making it great for work and play!
Indian Land: A charming rural community with plenty of fresh air and farmland all well providing easy access to the city so you can experience the best of both worlds!
Rock Hill: The largest city in York County, Rock Hill is a highly-desirable area rich in culture and history.
Our agents are licensed in both North and South Carolina and ready to help you buy and sell anywhere in the Charlotte Metro Area.
Let us help you find your dream home in South Carolina!
After weeks, even months of searching, you finally find your dream home! You work with your agent to draft up a reasonable offer only to find out that another buyer has placed an offer on the same house. What gives?
This type of scenario is all too familiar especially in today’s hot seller’s market and we need to get used to it! Before your devastation sets in, rest assured that there are a few ways your team at Premier Property Solutions can help you win a multiple offer situation.
Let’s start by understanding that a multiple offer scenario means that more than one Buyer has placed an offer on the same property. Typically, each Buyer is prequalified through a lender, and/or has proof of funds if they are purchasing in cash. Multiple offer scenarios are happening every day and more commonly in a market where inventory is low, like Charlotte.
The Seller has the most leverage in these situations. However, the transaction should be a win-win for both the Buyer and the Seller, as the Buyer is receiving their home in exchange. When there are multiple offers on the table, the Seller is considering both terms and bottom line so determine the MOST favorable option, paired with the most qualified purchaser.
Believe it or not, it’s not always the highest bidder who wins the bid! It’s all about negotiating and success in this area comes from working with the right agent. Negotiating is an art where all parties must feel like they are winning. There are several tactics we use, such as writing the Seller a letter from the Buyer, or offering more in nonrefundable funds paid to the seller, a quick close, etc.
The most important thing in negotiating is knowing what’s important to both parties so that you can come to a win-win agreement and move towards a common goal, which is closing. The trusted professional you choose to represent you in your purchase and/or sale should have a deep understanding of what is important to YOU so that they can best negotiate on your behalf.
As the market heats up this spring, don’t miss out on your dream home because you don’t have the right agent! Ask us for examples of how we’re helping our clients close in multiple offer situations.
Spring break is right around the corner and, with our recent dose of snow, we’ve got warmer temperatures on the mind! We all know that Charlotte is a great place to live, work and play but it’s also home to a good airport. Charlotte Douglas International Airport is one of the nation’s busiest airports with a variety of great destinations perfect for some fun in the sun. Here’s a list of some great vacation destinations all with convenient non-stop flights out of CLT.
Aruba: A great Caribbean destination full of sun and sea. Bermuda: A dose of island life just a short flight away!
Cancun: Skip the layover and pack your bags for a trip to Mexico’s beautiful northeast shoreline.
Grand Cayman: Another great non-stop Caribbean destination with beautiful resorts and white-sandy beaches.
Key West: Stay in the states and hop on a short direct flight to this little piece of paradise in southern Florida.
Where are you headed for Spring Break?
Selling season is right around the corner! We’ve always known that spring is one of the best (and most popular) times to list your home but a new Zillow analysis confirms that selling in April or May might actually help you sell quickly and for as much as possible. The analysis reviewed the country’s 25 biggest metro markets and found that in all but five markets, the best time to sell for maximized profit was in April or May.
One of the key factors that plays into this analysis is weather. We know that more people shop for homes when the weather is nice. In fact, markets with noticeable seasonal changes like Charlotte are likely to experience an optimal selling window whereas areas with warmer year-round climates like Miami seem to have more flexibility.
Timing clearly plays a big role in selling your home. Spring tends to bring a lot of anxious buyers who are ready to settle into their new homes. With the next school year on the horizon, buyers might feel exhausted and ready to end their search especially if they’ve been looking prior to spring.
If you are thinking about selling your home, there isn’t a better proven time to do it in the Queen City! Contact one of your agents at Premier Property Solutions today so we can get your house ready in time for our market’s optimal selling window!
Though temperatures in the Queen City have been unseasonably warm lately, spring is still a few weeks away. Now is the perfect time to start thinking about how to improve your home’s curb appeal this spring especially if you are planning to sell. Homes with great curb appeal demand attention and often add more value. The way your house looks from the street is the first impression a potential buyer will have about your home so make it a great one! The good news is you don’t have to break the bank trying to improve your home’s curb appeal. A little bit of hard work and a few dollars can go a long. Here are three things you can do for less than $100 to spruce up your curb appeal this spring.
1. Paint. A can of paint and a paint brush can do wonders for your home’s exterior! Touch up chipped paint on porches, benches, doors and mailboxes for an instant update. Have some fun with color by painting a bright front door or incorporating a few festive flower pots that will make your entry way vibrant and welcoming.
2. Clean up your yard. A well-manicured yard is a great way to boost any home’s curb appeal. Start by removing all of the sticks, leaves and debris from your yard that may have accumulated over the winter months. Pull weeds, cut grass and cover up bare spots with seed or sod and you’ll have a beautiful yard that’s sure to attract the next buyer.
3. Fix your features. Review everything from your door knobs, exterior lights and doorbell to ensure they don’t look dated. You can really give your home a facelift by updating simple fixtures. Remember to replace your exterior lightbulbs so your entry way shines bright on rainy days and at night.
If you need more advice on getting your home ready for the market, contact one of our experienced local agents at Premier Property Solutions who are ready to help you today!
Buying your first home is an exciting decision! When you enter the market as a first-time homebuyer the possibilities seem endless. Even though things like granite countertops and hardwood floors may be high on your priority list, consider these three crucial factors when you are ready to begin your search.
1. Location. This is the one thing you can’t change about your house and a major factor in your home’s resale. Before you start viewing homes, do you your research and figure out what areas are a good fit. How is your commute? Are the local schools up to your standards? There’s lots to consider so working with an experienced real estate agent is a great place to start.
2. Price. This is especially important for a first time buyer because there is no equity to roll into the home purchase. It’s always helpful to get pre-approved before you begin your search especially in a competitive market. Remember that the amount you qualify for is likely not the amount you want to spend. Come up with a firm budget and stick to it so you’ll live a comfortable life.
3. Size. Wanting the 5-bedroom farmhouse with 1 acre of land may sound appealing but is it practical for your needs? Start by thinking about life in a condo vs. life in a single family home. Both have their pros and cons and both have their own set of expenses. Will you have time to maintain a big yard? Can you afford the HOA fees? Many real estate experts agree that you should be able to live in your home for at least five years, and maybe even longer!
More and more ‘starter’ homes are turning into ‘forever’ homes so there’s lots to consider during the process. Let your team of experienced agents at Premier Property Solutions help you find your perfect first home.
Even though Charlotte is hours away from the Atlantic Ocean, there’s still plenty of opportunities for waterfront fun in the Queen City! Charlotte is home to three beautiful lakes all with their own communities. With spring right around the corner, we’re highlighting some of our favorite things about lake life in Charlotte.
Easy commute! Lake Norman (about 25 miles from Uptown), Lake Wylie (about 20 miles from Uptown) and Mountain Island Lake (about 15 miles from Uptown) are all a short drive from the city making them the perfect destination for a weekend getaway. Residents of the lakes enjoy convenient access to major highways that help make the daily commute into the city easy!
Great recreational activities. From boating to fishing, sailing and water skiing, Charlotte’s lakes make summer days a blast. When temperatures heat up in the Queen City, the lakes are the place to be! Each lake is full of its own culture, entertainment, activities and some pretty amazing restaurants.
Natural setting. Lake life in Charlotte is perfect for residents and visitors who enjoy tranquil, serene settings. All three lakes preserve their own natural beauty providing a great community for both work and play only miles from the City of Charlotte.
Want to learn more about buying or selling in Lake Norman, Lake Wylie or Mountain Island Lake? Email one of our agents today firstname.lastname@example.org
As a homeowner, deciding to sell your home is a big decision! When you are ready to list your home, one of the first things your realtor will do is prepare a comparative market analysis to better help determine your home’s current value. The comparative market analysis (CMA) is an in-depth evaluation of how your home compares to the competition. A CMA will compare homes in your area that are currently listed and those that have recently sold in an effort to prepare your home to enter the market at a competitive price.
A CMA considers a variety of factors such as square footage, number of bedrooms & bathrooms, lot size, additional amenities and more. It is a fact-based report that considers your home and all of its surroundings. Remember, you might have a good idea of what you think your home is worth based on how much your neighbor’s home sold for last month but that is not always the case. There are many resources that experienced real estate agents have access to that sellers do not.
Ready to find out what your home is worth? Take advantage of our FREE market analysis prepared by a local experienced agent from Premier Property Solutions.